Macbook pro 15" or 17" question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iphone3gnj, May 12, 2011.

1. iphone3gnj macrumors member

I tried using search but am not getting any results. I was debating between getting a 27" iMac and 17" Macbook pro. I don't want to deal with any yellow screen issues on the CTO iMac (pain to return) and with not having an upgradeable hard drive the clear option for me is the Macbook pro plus external monitor.

I would much rather have 1920x1080 display because of editing HD video when the laptop is taken with me. Since the 1680x1050 is not an HD resolution screen, it would give scroll bars I assume.

What are your experiences with using the 15" to edit 1080 HD video? I'm also looking to get others' feedback who were deciding between the two and why you chose one over the other. Portability won't be a huge factor because it will be going with me maybe 20% of the time.

2. JamesGorman macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

I chose the 15 because even though I don't take it with me a lot, when I do take it, I didn't want to have to worry about having enough room to put the 17. When at home I also connect it to a 23" monitor, so having 1080p Resolution on the laptop itself wasn't an issue for me.