Price Advice Macbook Pro 15" or 17" ?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MacbookiPro, Dec 8, 2011.

1. MacbookiPro, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011

MacbookiPro macrumors newbie

MacbookiPro

Good day.

I am a long time user of the PC format (since before multimedia). I've always meant to switch or incorporate OSX into my workflow. I could not do that until recently when I was awarded some money from an injury claim I had against Target stores (obviously I won).

I am ready to spend some money but am at a toss up between the 15" and the 17" Macbook Pro. I would prefer a larger screen (resolution) as I do much creative work with Photoshop, Cinema 4D and audio production software.

Realistically and even though I've been professionally published overseas for my Photoshop knowledge, the market is not what it used to be. I've even worked with creative students and professionals over the years but the market is now dead. Any work I do now on computers is strictly hobby so realistically whatever I produce ends up nowhere (at best on Youtube as training videos).

Considering the pricing of Apple, it may ultimately make no difference between the two other than the resolution. I wanted to see if someone might know something that I do not before I go ahead and make my 'Apple store' purchase in January.

Thank you.

2. robbie12345 macrumors 6502

they are about to be updated some people may reply to this and say they were look at buyers guide but buyers guide is automatic and any update is put there they weren't updated just slight processor boost that aren't really noticeable and maybe 4% better

they are going to be completely redesigned very soon to thinner and whole new case

seeing this is a hobby u most likely do not need one right now so i would wait probably till spring when ivy bridge comes along

if u do need one though yes there is no difference between top 15 and 17 spec wise the screen on 17 is m ugh higher res but you can configure a 15 to high res (not as high but same pixel density) other then that there are no differences other then that and of couse 2 more inches of screen real-estate

3. MacbookiPro thread starter macrumors newbie

MacbookiPro

Ah, okay I did not know this...I think I will wait then...thank you for the information.