MacBook Pro 15 Retina 2012 - wifi problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by georgi0, Dec 29, 2012.

1. georgi0, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013

georgi0 macrumors regular

georgi0

Hi

I have a VDSL modem router ZXDSL 931VII on which i log on to from my MBP.

I get frequent disconnections from my wifi on my mbp. why? i mean like every 10 minutes or sometimes after 1-2 hours for no reason at all.

No special settings setup from my side. I am attaching 2 wireless submenus that might help.

please advice.
    thank you

2. georgi0 thread starter macrumors regular

georgi0

well since i did not get any new ideas, i managed to talk to Apple tech support.
    they said for one time only they will help because i ma out of 90 days tel support.

they guided me 1st through advance setting in networks, you need to delete the ssid and renew the DHCP, then through keychain access and passwords for my router, you option click and delete the password and then you quit and restart.

well unfortunately none of these tricks helped me at all.

please any guru out there try to shed some light here. i can take my macbook to tech because i need it everyday...

thank you
    G

3. ajanini macrumors member

ajanini

If you haven't already, the first thing I would try is testing to see if the problem is with the Mac, or the router.

Try a second computer and see if the problem persists. And also try connecting your Mac to another router and see if the problem persists then.

Couldn't see any of the attached menus you mentioned, though...

4. georgi0 thread starter macrumors regular

georgi0

thank you for the posting. i took out the menus because i thought they were irrelevant.

my iphone, my ipad, and my 2 airport extremes, do not get disconnected ever from this modem/router. also my macbook pro did not get disconnected from my old router which was an airport extreme.:confused:

5. ajanini macrumors member

ajanini

So you were not able to reproduce the problem with any other device X router configuration, other than the one you described first (new MBP X VDSL router)?

Are your AirPort Extremes connected to this VDSL router by cable or wifi?

6. georgi0 thread starter macrumors regular

georgi0

by wifi

7. georgi0 thread starter macrumors regular

georgi0

I created another ssid unique, from the same wireless modem router and still the same problem exists

There must be something wrong with my wifi on my new MacBook Pro.

8. krravi macrumors 65816

And what about your wireless router settings? Did you buy the wireless router from your ISP? Those usually are lousy quality.

Before you turn your Mac upside down, try another wireless router. They are very inexpensive these days.

Shut down the wireless router function in your existing router. You might say that it works fine with other wireless devices? Yes, but how many of them are using Wireless N?

9. leitmotif macrumors regular

I've been having the same issue on multiple wifi networks from different providers using different routers. I've been on the phone with Apple support and done all the keychain access and other stuff they've used to troubleshoot. I even took it into the Apple store and they couldn't replicate the issue. Yet, my ipad, iphone, PC laptop and Apple TV experience 0 disconnects and my MBP 2011 drops several times within a 5-10 minute span, then is fine for an hour or so then acts up again.

I ran a youtube video on both my ipad and my MBP at the same time. The iPad played the video flawlessly and the MBP disconnected 4 times in the first 4 and a half minutes of the video.

Can anyone offer any suggestions? I am calling the support rep who has been handling my case tomorrow since he was off today.

haha it disconnected as I tried to post this

10. georgi0 thread starter macrumors regular

georgi0

i have reset my router/modem and created from scratch not the same ssid name but another.

now the problem is not so often. I could even make 1-2 days before disconnections.

maybe this has something to do.

could you try this also and let me know?