Macbook pro 15 retina display

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Reem, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Reem macrumors member

Reem

Hi all!

I just bought the new Macbook pro 15inch retina display. Everything seems to work well, but there are 2 issues that are annoying me

1. My battery works fine but it doesn't notify me when it reaches below 10 percent! How to fix that?

2. Whenever I download anything, it downloads fine. but I also don't get a notification when the download is done!!

Please help me solve this!:)

2. swerve147 macrumors 6502a

swerve147

With regards to the battery warning a notification should pop up somewhere south of 10%. However it will not pop up at exactly 10%. The warning simply states that the Mac will sleep "in a few minutes" to preserve its memory. This suggests that the battery will be at very critical levels before the warning is displayed (the last time I got this warning the battery was at 3%).

There are no other low battery notifications native to OS X (Mountain Lion), so if you want a notification at exactly 10% you'll need to buy a 3rd party app.

If you're not getting this warning at all (your Mac simply shuts down without the notification) try resetting your SMC (link)

Attached Files: