MacBook Pro 15" Retina - Turning On

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wfoster, Oct 10, 2016.

1. wfoster macrumors 6502a

wfoster

Hi guys,

Mid 2012 MacBook Pro Retina

I damaged my MacBook Pro display by accident the other week, my iPhone decided to fly into it and damage the screen behind the glass. Fuming isn't the word.

A week later, I went to the club and loaded up the laptop ready to start DJing. I turned the laptop on, no luck. The screen didn't wake up and there was no noise coming from inside the laptop, completely dead. I left it for charge for 3 hours and still no luck.

I tried holding down Shift, Alt, Command and Power to try a P-RAM reset but no luck there either.

Does anyone have any sort of tricks or next best actions I can take to help resolve?

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

3. wfoster thread starter macrumors 6502a

wfoster

I tried that reset too. It changes the lights but doesn't do anything after. I have kept the laptop plugged in for 12 hours now and the charging indicator is still on amber, not green.

4. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Hmm, that's not good news. Might there be an Apple Store local to you? Unless there was liquid damage or some serious damage to the display cable, I can't see how a damaged LCD would cause the issues you're having. So I suspect the problems may be unrelated/coincidental.

5. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

Did you manage to do your set or did you have to leave?