MacBook Pro 15" Speakers

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macuser154, Apr 1, 2009.

1. macuser154 macrumors 6502

I have two questions:

1) They seem a bit quiet, is there any software I can use to make them go louder?

2) Whenever I use SRS iWow with iTunes, the speakers "fizz" whenever there is a large amount of Treble in a song. Is there a solution?

2. stylinexpat macrumors 6502a

Does your right speaker also sound louder than your left speaker? Place your hand on your right speaker when the music is playing and then palce your hand on the left speaker. This reminded me of the bottom of the Iphone where one would think the sound was coming out of both holes on the bottom.

If you also place your hand under the laptop below the speakers on the right and left you will fill more sound coming out of the right speaker..

3. shoulin333 macrumors 6502a

The sub woofer is on the right side, so it will seem like more sound is coming from the right side.

4. whitefang macrumors 6502

A sub woofer is bi-directional.

5. TSE macrumors 68030

Any laptop speaker isn't going to replace or work nearly as well as external speakers you can buy for 100 dollars, saying that, the speakers in my Classic MacBook Pro are pretty darn good for laptop speakers, and I never find them too quiet. They lack bass, but get pretty loud.

6. jofus macrumors member

The speakers in the UMBP 15" seem much louder and clearer than my old Early 08 MBP 15".

7. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

yea dude but the speaker still vibrates so it will FEEL like there is more sound coming from that side.

8. danwestbrook macrumors regular

danwestbrook

yeah i noticed that too much improved over the last model, also did anyone find a fix for the treble hissing?

9. The General macrumors 601

Yeah, turn that garbage off. All it does it make music sound like trash. Turn "sound enhancer" off in iTunes also.