Macbook pro 15" speed allright?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MacMarf, Jun 21, 2011.

1. MacMarf macrumors member

So I just got the new 15inch highend macbook pro, and was wondering if the speed is normal. I get beachballs when launching Illustrator CS5, with photoshop and safari already open and was wondering if that's normal? I expected it to launch the programs a bit faster aswell. Any way to test if the speed is normal? Its faster than my old laptop, though. Lots of time left which I dont know what to do with :p

2. simsaladimbamba

image below uses sorting by CPU as an example
    [​IMG]
    Further reading:
    ______________________________________________________​

Btw, the HDD is the slowest part of your MBP, though even with a faster CPU and GPU, applications don't load that much faster, as they have to be read from the HDD and then copied into the RAM anyway.

3. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

Adobe programs give me beachballs, but only on a cold launch. You shouldn't be getting much lag with Safari or other programs though. You should do a complete reboot, then wait 30 seconds before trying to launch any apps. By then OS X will have loaded services and everything will seem much faster.