MacBook pro 15" Touchbar keyboard??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nickosnickos, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Nickosnickos macrumors newbie

Hello,

I am looking to buy the new 15 inch MacBook pro 512gb ssd/460gb 4gb/2.6 GHz.

But what i see is that everyone is complaining About the keyboard,

Is it really that bad? Or is it just the noise that it makes?

Who can help me :)
    Nick

2. Ma2k5 macrumors 6502a

Ma2k5

Well when I went to a store and tried this keyboard and also and XPS 13 keyboard (which mind you, is far from the best), I preferred the XPS 13 a lot more. I had a 12" MacBook Pro before as well.

To be honest I don't like the new track pad either, it's too big and there are reports of buggy behaviour (probably due to the additional palm rejection they had to implement).

3. CpGER macrumors newbie

I tested the keyboard in an apple retail store at a time where I could write with it a little bit.
    I assume I wrote 30min and it became pretty clear that there is no way that I will get used to this.
    Nearly no key movement and the keyboard is far too loud. I have no idea why this keyboard makes such a noise with so less movement.

Some people say it is ok for them, some people say ,they are sure they get used to it but for me personally it was like meeting the anti-christ of keyboards.

4. Ma2k5 macrumors 6502a

Ma2k5

I did a typing test on it and managed ~120 wpm, so for me, I wasnt really affected speed wise too much (maybe a few more typos though). It was more of a comfort issue for me. For some reason those wobbly keys are nice to use despite feeling less solid. It's all about the travel!

5. CpGER macrumors newbie

Yeah for me too.
    The typing speed was not an issue for me it just felt massively uncomfortable.
    It just felt like jumping on a very hard floor instead of a trampoline.
    I write 7-11 hours a day on the keyboard and it must feel comfortable.