Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rendevouspoo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 3, 2012
I just received my new Macbook this morning. This is my first Apple computer. So far, I'm loving it. The way it connected to my offices network and printers AMAZED me. I remember it being such a hassle doing this on my Dell.

As for my noob question.. I know there is a gesture on the trackpad for showing all the windows open on desktop but I was wondering if there is a gesture that will show ALL open apps, including those minimized because as of right now, mine aren't showing.

Thanks, and I look forward to learning more.

Scott M

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2009
I've done that but it only shows the apps that are up on the desktop. It does not show apps that's have been minimized to dock.

Just tried it myself. I never realised that. I'm not sure how to achieve what you're after. Sorry.

JTToft

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2010
Aarhus, Denmark
Another option is the app specific Application Exposé. That shows minimized windows but only for that current app. Three fingers down normally.

James3000

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2015
This might be useless input, but I don't know if people ever really use the minimise function? I switched to Mac for the first time in September and I don't think I've ever really used it.

rendevouspoo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 3, 2012
This might be useless input, but I don't know if people ever really use the minimise function? I switched to Mac for the first time in September and I don't think I've ever really used it.

Not useless. I can already tell I'm using it less than with Windows. With time, I'll never use it either. Just guilty habit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.