Macbook Pro 15in i7 Speaker issues.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BigWil254, Apr 20, 2010.

1. BigWil254 macrumors newbie

I like to use ooVoo to video conference with my gf who goes to college in a different state. And I noticed randomly would stop working and go haywire making loud noises and then Id have to restart the program or the entire system...I'm about 99.9% sure its just oovoo.

Username for oovoo : Bigwil254

If there are any other oovoo MBP users add if you wanna test this shizzle out. Its kinda annoying . Or if you know a way better program thats mac capable lemme know. She has an Asus so no iChat. *shakes fist*

2. tjp820 macrumors newbie

Hey man, I'd recommend Skype. It drops calls sometimes but I've never had any AV problems with it. Good luck

3. BigWil254 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yessir

I downloaded skype. I usually have had bad experiences with it but that was when I was on windows. The sound would be all choppy. But I guess everythings better on a Mac.....lol Even windows. Owned.

4. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Maybe you need to try using ooVoo with a different girl?

5. anarchron macrumors member

It happens on my i5 MBP too when I use YouTube on HTML5.

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Do the funny noises sound like static and then you get your GF telling you, her reception is bad?

7. BigWil254 thread starter macrumors newbie

Interesting. Can you describe the sound. issues? Does it like work for a while, then just start poppin and makin noises?

8. mbpNOWplz macrumors newbie

Dude the exact same thing happened to me. I had to restart my notebook and it worked again. Can I ask for a replacement for this reason?

9. BigWil254 thread starter macrumors newbie

Its software related. And it has nothing to do with the the Apple Macbook Product. At least thats what I think. I switched to skype and my girlfriend and I haven't had an issue at all with sound. Only true problem with sound is the loudness or should I say the lack of loudness of the speakers volume using oovoo and skype. When I bump the Itunes and watch a movie, **** sounds nice.