Macbook pro 15inch 2017 base model problem

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by maxmaru, Jul 16, 2017.

1. maxmaru macrumors newbie

Hello guys,
    this is my first time purchasing macbook pro.
    I have been using 15 inch pc and decided to buy 15 inch with macbook pro base model with radeon 555 even though i am not a pro user.
    i play games like overwatch and league of legends so I downloaded windows 10 with boot camp(account not activated). and i am not getting enough fps thru boot camp. For overwatch i get like 30-45 fps on very low settinggs. also league of legends mac os version gives me 80fps in high settings. is there a certain drivers that i am missing?
    Last Thing, if using boot camp, window battery life show 2hours in fully charged battery.

Please help me T T

2. SteveJUAE macrumors 68000

SteveJUAE

Check W10 is not using you display at max resolution I think your Apple default is a less than you think these may also account for your battery life along with brightness settings

3. maxmaru thread starter macrumors newbie

I found that using my friends macbook pro 13 with touchbar base model, her league of legends shows 130fps on medium high and more enjoyable than my 15 inch in medium high setting. do you know if there might be a chance i might have changed certain settings?

4. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

Check and compare available RAM on both computers. Seems like you may have bought one with 8 GB RAM,the base model of the MacBook Pro is generally rather useless for gaming. Apple never designed their laptops for playing games,so if you still want to do that,you need the top premium models,not the basic ones.
    If gaming is all you want it for,sell off the MacBook,and buy yourself a decent dell Alienware windows laptop.

5. ferko86 macrumors newbie

ferko86

Maybe you should PS4 ??

6. maxmaru thread starter macrumors newbie

its 16gb I checked it on about this Macbook pro

7. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

Should work ok,but as I said,no MacBook ever been a really good gaming machine,it's not designed for games.

8. maxmaru thread starter macrumors newbie

I know but to me, it doesnt make any sense that 13 inch outperform 15inch macbook pro

9. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

The smaller screen looks better,as both screens have the same amount of pixels. It's not a matter of outperforming,it's a matter of resolution combined with screen size. As I said before,if gaming is your main concern,you bought the wrong computer. An Alienware desktop with 4K monitor is not much more expensive than a basic MacBook Pro,and if you add some money for the oculus rift goggles and a set of high quality headphones,you will get a gaming experience that's almost real.