Macbook Pro 15inch trackpad problem?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DayOfChaos, Nov 22, 2011.

1. DayOfChaos, Nov 22, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2011

DayOfChaos macrumors 6502

Hello,

I have a Macbook Pro 15' here and I came from a 13inch Macbook Air (2009 mind you).

I find it very hard to control. If I have the slider on 3 bars for the trackpad speed setting, its just a little to fast and I always when moving the curso to click something miss it by a tad, so I practically make two clicks at everything. If I move it down one, its just to slow to use on a 15inch screen. I am install in my 30 day window, should I go back to 13 inchs, or would a replacement be needed?

Any recommendations? Thanks!

2. mape2k macrumors regular

Since when are you using your new MBP? Before you do anything, try to use it for a couple of days and see if you can get used to it. I am sure you will!

3. DayOfChaos thread starter macrumors 6502

Not sure what you mean D:
    I have been, tried all different settings. I dont want to wait 30 days if I find I really dont like :p. I love the power this machine can deliver. Even faster when I downgraded it to Snow Leopard. (Came with lion, late 2011 model).

Thanks for your post!

4. mape2k macrumors regular

If it's that bad I would suggest to go to a store and compare with the machines there.

If they are the same, you can still change for a nice windows laptop :p

5. DayOfChaos thread starter macrumors 6502

Ew no, I'll pass on that windows offer ;) Haha.

6. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

3 bars I am at 8. If I set it down to 3 I have to lift my finger all the time to get anywhere on the screen. That would take for ever. If that is fast for you there is either something wrong with your trackpad or with you.
    Yes the Apple Trackpad is generally faster than those old small trackpads one used to fine in the pre mulittouch area but it is also incredibly accurate and generally like a gaming mouse among trackpads.

7. DayOfChaos thread starter macrumors 6502

Thats crazy! I just tried that, and its insane! I could never handle that, lol.
    But thanks for the post, appreciate it.

8. DayOfChaos thread starter macrumors 6502