• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

rishipatel1231

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2020
I was enjoying my Macbook pro 2019 16inch with touch bar for the last two months when I noticed that when it is closed the screen is not flush with the main body mainly on the right side of the laptop near the hinge area. What I mean is that the screen leave around half a mm or less of space when the laptop is closed. When I press down on the rights side I can visibly see that the lid can go down more. the left side looks like there is less of a gap between the lid. As u can see fro the image the rubber gasket of the lid does not make complete contact with the body. Is this commonly seen on other MacBooks especially the larger ones 2016+ ? Or should I go to the Genius Bar (when it opens) and see if the display has to get readjustedI know I sound nit picky but I hope you guys understand that when you spend $2400 on a laptop you expect the little things perfect as well. Thanks
1586652738539.png

rishipatel1231

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2020
Thanks for the input. I do not think that it is a swollen battery because the laptop sits properly on all for of the rubber legs without any wobble whatsoever. Would you think that a hinge adjustment is possible at the Apple Genius Bar. I do have AppleCare+ for this Mac so they should do it for free.

Comment

rishipatel1231

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2020
To also rule out the swollen battery the rubber gasket fo the top lid makes complete contact with he body of the laptop at the front. This gap is only really apparent on the right side of the laptop near the headphone jack and USB port. I also just observed that there is some lid overhang at the back right part of the laptop and the body juts out ever so slightly at the front. This looks like a hinge adjustment problem but I do not know if it is a problem big enough for me to being the laptop to the Genius Bar. Does anyone else have this gap on their Mac if if they hold theirs exactly how I did in the picture that I attached in the first post?
1586652738539.jpeg

Here is what I am talking about.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.