MacBook Pro "17 2.8 Freezes

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by adios56, Feb 20, 2010.

1. adios56 macrumors newbie

Feb 20, 2010
    Hello all, im new to this forum and the Mac Environment and i would like some help.
    I purchased a macbook pro 17" few months ago and from time to time i experiencing hard crashes and reboots from time to time but most common when i'm trying to access a computer or a mac from the network or send large files over the network but it random crashes (Doesn't Happen all the time)
    I suspected the airport extreme might be the problem so i upgraded the firmware and software but still the same after 20 min when i sent a video file.
    I also found Tech Tools Pro and checked the mac over night and i found some files for repairs only.
    My drive surface RAM and CPU are fine...
    I only bought this mac cuz im want to learn some video editing software but know that i got a real job and i use it, i don't trust it... I don't have any Apple Store in my country so i joined this forum maybe someone can help me.
    Thanks. ;)
  2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

Jul 26, 2004
    Montreal, QC
    By "hard crashes" do you mean kernelpanics?

You could try backing up and reinstalling Mac OS X, but I suspect that you may have hardware issues. Just because there are no Apple retail stores in your country doesn't mean that there are no Apple-certified repair shops who can fix your computer. The repairs will still be covered by warranty if done by certified techs, even if they're not Apple employees.