Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sparky9292

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
My 2007 MBP's battery simply dies even though it says there's 2.0hrs remaining.

I took the battery out after my laptop turned off abruptly. There was no warning or transition into sleep mode.

Look at the two pictures of both sides of the battery. One of them has the backplate lifting about 4mm from the edge. There is a big bump on the edge.

I think my Battery is dying. Hoping that my AppleCare will cover it.:confused:

Attachments

• photobad.jpg
    photobad.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 120
  • photog.jpg
    photog.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 92

itou

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2008
My 2007 MBP's battery simply dies even though it says there's 2.0hrs remaining.

I took the battery out after my laptop turned off abruptly. There was no warning or transition into sleep mode.

Look at the two pictures of both sides of the battery. One of them has the backplate lifting about 4mm from the edge. There is a big bump on the edge.

I think my Battery is dying. Hoping that my AppleCare will cover it.:confused:

if it's a bulge, return it.
there's a chemical reaction in there or it's overheating. it'll explode.

psingh01

macrumors 68000
Apr 19, 2004
Happened to mine and had to replace it. Was out of warranty and no Apple Care so had to pay.

Sparky9292

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
Rather than calling AppleCare directly, I used this link. Then AppleCare called my phone. The first guy read what I typed into the website about the battery. Then he transfered me to a "battery expert" who explained that batteries wear out *blah* *blah*.

So Apple is sending me a brand new battery as long as I send them the old one back. They needed my credit card for hold.:D

AppleCare for my MBP cost me like $300, so with the Logic Board replacement, Keyboard Replacement (I spilled orange vodka on it), and the Battery, it's been about a $1000 savings for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.