Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

musiqkid

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 15, 2008
I've had my macbook pro for a while now, about a year. As soon as i bought the top of the range macbook pro costing me over 2 grand I never thought about buying apple care.

Now every time i turn my macbook pro on or restart it it would turn on for a split second then die with a click I would have to fiddle about with it, pull out the battery, pull out the power chord then turn it back on....sometimes would have to do this repeated times.

It doesn't do it all the time, but its a real nuisance.

RiCEADDiCTBOY

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2007
what "i" would do is purchase a new harddrive and place the previous in an enclosure and try accessing the drive as an external and see if you could recover the data. hopefully you've been using time machine or some form of backup method.

if not...take it to apple and see what those "geniuses" can do.

good luck.

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
A trip to your local Apple repair store might be useful. Even a discussion on what the problem might be - they could at least give you a quote on what they've diagnosed as the problem.

It may be something as simple as the hard drive - makes sense, as hard drives will click when they are dying out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.