Macbook Pro 17 I5 Battery Power Issue ?? Not Charging

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by summitgreen, May 29, 2010.

1. summitgreen macrumors newbie

I have a brand new MBP 17inch, the battery would not charge with the charger. It basically went close to empty and then I decided to shut down and restart to see if it will reset and start charging.. Now the MBP doesn't even turn on =(

The charger has the green light ON. But the MBP itself does not turn on.. not even the green light in the front right.

Anyone have this problem?

2. Pax macrumors 6502a

Probably a faulty charger. Try to borrow one off someone else & test it with your Mac. Or go to an Apple store.

I have seen a case reported on these forums where the light on the charger worked, but the charger was still faulty. So that might be the case here.

3. summitgreen thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the assurance.. I really do hope it is the charger and not the MBP itself =P

4. summitgreen thread starter macrumors newbie

I forgot to mention the light on charger's head lights up Green.. a friend just told me that means it is a full battery? She said it should be orange. I pressed the battery power indicator and it blinks green on only 1 of the lights.

5. snaky69 macrumors 603

When charging the light will be orange, green means not charging, not necessarily full battery, your charger is most likely bunk.

6. summitgreen thread starter macrumors newbie

I hope that's the problem.. I'm about to visit the Genius bar tomorrow and see if it's the charger.. The Apple tech on the phone said they would be more than happy to send me a new Macbook too! what great service is that =)

7. mellowrush macrumors newbie

same thing happened to me about an hour ago. i thought my brand new 17" pro had fried itself, but about 5 minutes after i left it alone, it just powered on by itself
    i'm still charging really slow though. i've been plugged in for 2 hours and im at 13%