MacBook Pro 17" Mobile in Office

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jrock2004, Feb 15, 2012.

1. jrock2004 macrumors 6502

Just got my awesome 17" MacBook Pro and I am loving it. The issue is when I have to go to a meeting its difficult to carry while open. I do not close the lid because I do now want to close my connection to the vpn. So what do others do to carry theirs around? Do you just close it or do you do something else?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I think caffeine might help you with this. It prevents the computer from going to sleep. I don't use it, but its recommend a lot here.

3. dlimes13 macrumors 6502a

dlimes13

4. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Dude. I salute your biceps for dragging that thing around to meetings. Can you see over the top at people talking to you? :D

5. jrock2004 thread starter macrumors 6502

Just tried caffeine and it did not work. I closed my lid and computer when right to sleep. I'll try sleepless

6. Liquinn Suspended

I see. How do you feel there's going to be another model released in a few months more than likely?

I'm thinking on buying a 17" Macbook Pro now but I'm not sure whether I should wait for the newer models.

7. jrock2004 thread starter macrumors 6502

Actually its nice cause I can hide while I am in meetings :)

----------

Honestly I do not care. I was running a crappy white macbook that could not run virtual machines and host oses at the same time. If one releases next week, ok well.

8. jcampa70 macrumors newbie

Congratulations on your new MBP jrock, I´m planning to buy mine today, the 17 inches too.

That was mean Liquinn. We are all in the same ship, to wait or not to wait... that´s the dilemma... Right now I have the mid 2009 17 MBP, and I´m more than happy with it, I want a new one just because... because... I´m a techno fetichist I think.

A new one? When? June? Available in July? that´s 5 or 6 months from now, and then what? Another revision in february 2012? Then June 2012? It´s a never ending game.

Just my opinion.