Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macstorm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
Hi guys and girls. Im new to the Mac scene. Ive decided to move my buisiness to Apple as im sick of having problems with sub par hardware and software on my pc. I have decided on a MacBook Pro but do not know if I should get the 15 inch or the 17 inch. Is the main difference just the size of the lcd and res 1440x900 over 1920x1024 and the extra battery life. What would you guys recomend is the 17 inch worth the extra size.

I am after one in a hurry and the Aussie release isnt for a couple weeks yet and im not sure if I can wait that long.

wonderbread57

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2008
Hi guys and girls. Im new to the Mac scene. Ive decided to move my buisiness to Apple as im sick of having problems with sub par hardware and software on my pc. I have decided on a MacBook Pro but do not know if I should get the 15 inch or the 17 inch. Is the main difference just the size of the lcd and res 1440x900 over 1920x1024 and the extra battery life. What would you guys recomend is the 17 inch worth the extra size.

I am after one in a hurry and the Aussie release isnt for a couple weeks yet and im not sure if I can wait that long.

Get a 15 for mobility and hook it up to a 24" LCD at home/office for the extra res.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.