Macbook Pro 17 pricing?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Liquinn, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Liquinn Suspended

Apple are selling the 17"-inch 2.2 Ghz Macbook Pro for £2,099.00 and Amazon.co.uk are offering it for £1,874.43 (with express delivery)...

Who would pay £225 more for the same product?

2. marshallbedsaul macrumors 6502a

marshallbedsaul

3. simsaladimbamba

Amazon offers reduced prices on most Macs, maybe even all. That is the way it is.
    Where I buy my Macs, I get them for 250€ cheaper, and it is not even an online store.
    That is the way it is, as not many people know about all the available prices.

4. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

How can amazon afford to sell them for less than Apple?

5. simsaladimbamba

They take a cut in their profits.
    Apple has a big profit margin, they sell the MBPs to Amazon for less than they sell them to single customers.
    Thus Amazon pays less per machine than the single customer per machine, then they just add a small profit margin they can live with and then sell it for that, beating Apple's price and probably moving more inventory, thus creating enough profit for them.

6. Mobius 1 macrumors 6502

how did u find a MBP sold in amazon by the company itself?

i would like to see the prices

:D

link plz

7. simsaladimbamba

I don't quite understand, but I have that problem with a lot of your posts, but here is the link to UK Amazon page selling the MBP for less than Apple does, which was something the OP wondered about. Apple is not the direct seller though.

8. Mobius 1 macrumors 6502

do u have a link 15" 2.2?

thanks in advance :D

9. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

True, but why would someone pay more for the same product? I think 1,750 for a 17" Macbook Pro is tempting, you'd probably get 1,600-1,7000 selling it back before the 2012 refresh.

10. simsaladimbamba

You mean this one? It can be found via using "macbook pro 15" 2.2ghz" as search terms in the search bar on every Amazon page.

Because, as I already mentioned, not everyone knows about going to Amazon and check for smaller prices. And not everyone trusts Amazon. And not everyone likes ordering online. And not everyone has a reason for seemingly irrational behaviour. And ...