MacBook Pro 17" Setup HELP!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by 4mbdiskdrive, Feb 8, 2009.

  1. 4mbdiskdrive macrumors newbie

    Feb 8, 2009
    Hey, I have a small dilemma and I thought maybe you could help. My MacBook Pro 17" (Early 2008, 4GB, 300GB, etc..) is out of warranty in 5 weeks. I am looking to purchase a display for it. I'm at my desk a ton but also need to be able to travel, which is why I have a laptop. I'm not on a budget really, but I'm an independent filmmaker and just need large amounts of screen space for Final Cut. The monitor would also be used to play DVDs on a regular basis as my "TV." Anyways, I was thinking of selling my MacBook Pro, buying a new one with full warranty and wait patiently for the new 30" screens to be released. I'm not in a rush but that 5 weeks left of warranty is bugging me. I could also just buy AppleCare and the existing 30" screen that Apple offers. I had a 23" for a long time and feel like I could use a larger screen to edit/watch movies on. I guess another option would be a projector and sell my current computer to get a new 17" ... What do you think is the best option for me? Thanks.
  2. és: macrumors 6502a


    If you're not really on a budget you could sell your current 17 inch MPB and put the money towards a new 17 inch and then buy the new 30 inch as soon as it comes out.
  3. 4mbdiskdrive thread starter macrumors newbie

    Feb 8, 2009
    is apple going to exhibit at NAB? what is the timeframe for new displays? they're long overdue. i'm hesitant to purchase the 30 inch if new ones drop in the next couple months

Share This Page