MacBook Pro 17" Stock - World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Antowns, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Antowns macrumors member

I've searched and couldn't find anything on this, anyone got this setup and could let me know what the average fps is and can it play on ultra settings and be bearable (25-40 fps)?

2. Acasha macrumors newbie

Blizzard suggests different settings for each Mac in their mac support forum.. u gotta search for the link.

don't forget to cap your fps

3. Phazer macrumors member

I play on a MBP 13" C2D 2.53ghz, 9400M with ultra details, shadows off, AA 2X and it runs smoothly at about 40-50 fps, sometimes even more depending on where I am

4. ozreth macrumors 65816

ozreth

World of Warcraft is one of the least graphically demanding games on the market right now. Despite several small graphics updates, the core of the game was built on technology from around 2002.

Bottom line, almost any computer can run WoW well. A computer with 4gb of RAM, an i5 processor, and a 512mb graphics card will be able to max it out with no problem.

5. Penn Jennings macrumors 6502

On a MBP 13 2010, I maintain 30 fps in Dalaran. WoW is very playable on the 2010 MBP. I was unhappy during raids on the 2009s though, I don't recall the frame rate but it was almost unplayable in ICC.

I doubt that you will get it play well with Max settings but I can't say that for sure.