macbook pro 1st gen won't sleep correctly

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by whyrichard, May 12, 2007.

1. whyrichard macrumors 68000

hello,

my macbook pro won't sleep correctly... again.

before it would on on occasion not go to sleep and drain the battery instead...

... then i did some hack that changed the way it sleeps, returning it to the old fashion method without writing the ram data to the hd, and i think that sorta fixed the problem...

... but now it seems it's back....!

what do i do? it is such a pain to have a computer sleep inconsistently. it becomes a portable only sometimes, the rest of the time it's a pretty laptop with no battery power....!

r.

2. Nicolasdec macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

I had this problem, I forced the computer to shutdown (by taking the battery away) then when it booted again it worked fine.

3. coledog macrumors 6502a

coledog

Haha, I just had this same problem yesterday! I was one the phone with an Apple tech for an hour and all I got was that it should go to an Apple store or to Apple for testing. I said no way!

So instead I did an archive and install...works like a champ now!!

4. klaxamazoo macrumors 6502

I had this problem and it wouldn't go away. They replaced the motherboard and the computer came back with new problems. Eventually they just replaced the computer with a new CD2.

My sister's CD1 also has this problem.

5. phantasmagoria macrumors regular

I had a similar problem myself. My bluetooth module needed replacing, as it was powering on and off intermittently causing my MBP to wake from sleep.