macbook pro 2,2 dvi problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hegge, Jul 29, 2016.

1. hegge macrumors newbie

hegge

Hi,
    I just received this old MBP as a gift and so I installed 4GB RAM and a SSD to revive it. I fresh installed Lion and all worked fine. I plugged in a 27" Samsung Monitor and it detected it. But after restarting it not not detects it anymore. I tried different DVI cables - no luck. I reinstalled Lion again with the same result: first it detected the monitor but after restarting not again. I tried many tips, that I googled (SMC reset, PRAM reset, monitor detection with different LCD resolution settings, cable switched, cable changed...). With a DVI to VGA Adapter it works but looks very uply since the native resolution (1920x1200) isn't available. Maybe someone here knows this strange behavoir and has one more tip? Or is it possible now, to get a full working yosemite/el capitan get running (with ATI X1600 driver) with this modified cloned disk and some kexts?
    Thanks in advance

2. JTToft macrumors 68040

Do you know the monitor to be working with DVI input on other machines?

3. hegge thread starter macrumors newbie

hegge

yes, its working on ohter machines and also with the mac before rebooting the first time...

4. JTToft macrumors 68040

- It's odd that it would work when being converted to VGA. But it seems something is the matter with the physical DVI output on the MBP.

5. hegge thread starter macrumors newbie

hegge

yes, is there a way to debug this error? maybe you can reset the complete graphic system? maybe the problem is related that i allways set the external monitor as primary?! atm i install lion again and plug in the monitor not before everything is finished and i never have to restart it again :D