Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

foulmouthedleon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
Annapolis, MD
I'm looking at either of these for my second computer (something to take around with me so I can keep my PC hooked up at home). I'm thinking I'll just go for a refurb from apple.com.

They have both of these and they're both the same price. I'm kind of torn as to which one to get?

The MacBook has a bit faster processor (2.4 vs. 2.26), but I do like that the MacBook Pro has the SD slot, which I use in my PC all the time.

Aside from that, they appear to be pretty evenly matched.

Unless I'm missing something.

Thoughts?

Trexznl

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2009
The Netherlands
The MBP 2.26 has got a better screen, FireWire and a built in (non removable) longer lasting (both cycle and time wise) battery in addition to the mentioned SD card slot.

I'd go for the 2.26, You won't really notice the 0.14 difference.

Have you looked at the ram by the way? If they are both base specced, the 2.26 should have 2GB and the 2.4 should have 4GB? I'd still get the 2.26 anyway, and upgrade the ram yourself.

airplaneman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2009
USA
The MBP 2.26 has got a better screen, FireWire and a built in (non removable) longer lasting (both cycle and time wise) battery in addition to the mentioned SD card slot.

I'd go for the 2.26, You won't really notice the 0.14 difference.

Have you looked at the ram by the way? If they are both base specced, the 2.26 should have 2GB and the 2.4 should have 4GB? I'd still get the 2.26 anyway, and upgrade the ram yourself.

Yes, the better battery, screen and the SD card slot are big pluses, so the 2.26 would be a better option.

brendu

Cancelled
Apr 23, 2009
i saw the same thing and went with the 2.26 mbp... the battery is what sold it for me...

aazizkhalid

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2010
I have just bought the 2.26 macbook pro. Having owned the 2.4ghz white macbook, I can definatly tell you the the 0.14 DOES make a difference... the 2.4ghz was much smoother and quicker than the new one... However, if you can live with some slow down, the screen/battery etc are better!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.