MacBook Pro 2.4/2.53

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Patriks7, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

So I have spent the last couple days Mroogling and Googling, but I have not found the answer. I found that there is a slight increase in performance for the 2.53 (especially for its 512MB VRAM and 6MB L2. But what I have not found is the difference is in battery life and heat between the two, as I saw the processors are from a different series and one runs a bit hotter. Heat might be a bit of an issue for me as I spend 4 to 5 months of the year in pretty hot places (ie its 30+ C the whole day) and I don't want problems with overheating. I was told to go for the 2.53 as the resale value will be better, but I have never sold any of my computers yet so I don't really care about that (I tend to keep them as backup until they fall apart :rolleyes:) So any help on heat and battery life would be appreciated.

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Why don't you think of a specific task you plan on doing and ask those with both processors to post their temps.

As far as battery, that depends more on the task you are doing than the speed of the processor. I doubt there is a significant different between the two.