Macbook Pro 2.4 SR Internet Freezing Up

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bella92108, Feb 21, 2008.

1. bella92108 macrumors 68000

I tried to see a similar issue and was unable to find one. I'm really baffled as to what's going on here.... Maybe one of the bright bulbs in here can help as you always do!

I just got a Macbook Pro 2.4, and I transferred over from a Macbook. I've had a problem since doing so. I will be connected to the internet (via Netgear router aia AT&T DSL modem). Right in the middle of surfing the web, the internet will become semi-unresponsive. This happens both when wired and wireless (so it's unrelated to the wifi issue also posted).

For example, I'll be surfing the web and pages will just stop loading as if my computer were physically disconnected from the internet. Mail will stop retrieving mail. I know, I know, you're thinking "this guy needs to check his internet connection" ... but that's NOT the issue because also on the network is a PC (I know boo) and it continues to surf the web alongside my mac... and it's happened when other friends have been over with their Mac and they continue to surf the web alongside my stalled connection. I notice it typically lasts no more than 3-5 minutes and it's back like nothing happened.

Any thoughts as to what might be going on here?

Thanks!

2. notengolegs macrumors member

notengolegs

Does this happen when no other computers are connected to the internet using your At&t connection? Have you tried going anywhere else to use any other connection to see if it is maybe a bandwidth issue with your router or if it is software related?

3. bella92108 thread starter macrumors 68000

The issue is happening regardless of the access point or provider I'm connected to. :-(