MacBook Pro 2.4 Vs Imac 21.5'' 3.06

Discussion in 'iMac' started by m.mohie, Aug 1, 2010.

1. m.mohie macrumors newbie

Aug 1, 2010
    i have late 2007 macbook pro 2.4 cpu with 4 mega cash 2 giga ram and 160 H.D with geforce 8600 gt 256 mb graphics card
    my dvd show some problems and may need replace i have two options

1. replace the DVD and upgrade the ram to 4 giga and leave mine MBP friend has brand new i mac 21.5'' with 3.06 CPU ,9400m graphics card 500 Gb hard ,4 giga ram and he wants to sell it to me by a price equal if i sell my MBP so i can change without any cost

i care some about graphics card of imac . I'm a Doctor and not graphic designer but all i do see HD movies and encode some personal videos as my cousin wedding and i don't move the laptop a lot

what is the appropriate choice I'm confused thank for your opinion!
  2. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

Jul 5, 2008
    Thule GL @ the TOW
    ...if you trade for the iMac you won't have to worry about your 8600 video card breaking and since you don't really move the laptop it seems like a good trade for you all around as you're getting a more powerful machine that's almost current generation to replace your 3 year old machine...
  3. peakchua macrumors regular

Apr 12, 2010
    get the current gen 9400m related products suck especialy when you get a gaming urge once in a while i suggest you get the base current gen or the high end 21.5
  4. m.mohie thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 1, 2010

thank you J&JPolangin

but peakchua idon't have except these two option what do you prefer if your self
  5. m.mohie thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 1, 2010
    any one post his opinion

i'm really confused between these options
  6. m.mohie thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 1, 2010