Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

m.mohie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
i have late 2007 macbook pro 2.4 cpu with 4 mega cash 2 giga ram and 160 H.D with geforce 8600 gt 256 mb graphics card
my dvd show some problems and may need replace i have two options

1. replace the DVD and upgrade the ram to 4 giga and leave mine MBP

2.my friend has brand new i mac 21.5'' with 3.06 CPU ,9400m graphics card 500 Gb hard ,4 giga ram and he wants to sell it to me by a price equal if i sell my MBP so i can change without any cost

i care some about graphics card of imac . I'm a Doctor and not graphic designer but all i do see HD movies and encode some personal videos as my cousin wedding and i don't move the laptop a lot

what is the appropriate choice I'm confused thank for your opinion!

J&JPolangin

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2008
Close to a boarder, in Eu
...if you trade for the iMac you won't have to worry about your 8600 video card breaking and since you don't really move the laptop it seems like a good trade for you all around as you're getting a more powerful machine that's almost current generation to replace your 3 year old machine...

peakchua

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2010
get the current gen 9400m related products suck especialy when you get a gaming urge once in a while i suggest you get the base current gen or the high end 21.5

m.mohie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
confused

thank you J&JPolangin

but peakchua idon't have except these two option what do you prefer if your self

m.mohie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
any one post his opinion

i'm really confused between these options

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.