MacBook Pro 2.44 problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ahmettuncaysari, Jun 8, 2009.

1. ahmettuncaysari macrumors newbie

Hey everybody,

Long time lurker on the forum yet have never needed to sign up untill now!

I purchased a MacBook Pro in august 2007 from a retailer and have had nearly two years of trouble free computing. However i have recently encouted some serious problems with my system. Erratic behavior, over heating, scrambled screen and the inability to boot most of the time. At first i suspected a softwear fault yet after these symptoms continued after a fresh instal of osx i fear that is not the case. After some research on the internet i can see that the problems i am facing are pointing towards the gpu failing. Now, i do not have applecare on my system but was wondering; if i were to bring my system to be serviced at a apple retail unit and the problem was indeed a faulty GPU, would i be expected to pick up the bill?

I understand that if the problem proved to be anything eles i would have to pay for the repair,yet considering that the chip has been deemed to be faulty what would be the outcome of such a service on my system?

Thank you all and i look forward to reading your replys,
    Ahmet

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

If they found the GPU to be faulty, you would not be charged for the repair.

3. ahmettuncaysari thread starter macrumors newbie

That's good news, i take it however that if the logic board is faulty then i would have to pay?