Macbook pro 2.4ghz good deal?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gimmeiphone, Oct 16, 2008.

1. gimmeiphone macrumors 6502

have the chance to get a mbp 2.4ghz (not the new "brick" model) for £720, is this a good deal? was really looking forward to the new macbooks but the prices are a joke to say the least, so i may grab this while i can, what do you think?

2. uplusd macrumors 6502

Is that for a brand new one? That translates to $1,240 USD so I would say yes, it is a good deal.

3. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Assuming this was the model just replaced, I say yes. Sounds like a fair deal.

4. gimmeiphone thread starter macrumors 6502

no like i said not the new model lol it has a 160gb hd, 256mb graphics card. i dont have the serial number or anything yet still waiting on that

5. crayonshin macrumors member

I think he meant new as in not previously owned. I have the previous MBP 2.4GHz base model and it came with a 200GB hard drive. You might be looking at one from 2 generations ago. I believe those did not have a multitouch trackpad and ran quite a bit hotter than the last generation. I would double check to make sure.

6. aleksandra. macrumors 6502a

There's a difference between a new model and a new unit...

7. gimmeiphone thread starter macrumors 6502

oh right sorry bout that realised it sounded arsey when i read it back:eek: yeah i thought the newer ones were 200gb, think ill give it a miss then lol hopefully the new macbooks will go down in price sometime next year!

8. gimmeiphone thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah i said not the new model:p

9. ryanwarsaw macrumors 68000

ryanwarsaw

to put things in perspective the low end whitebook is going for 720 pounds new. I think 720 at this point in time is a good deal on almost any new Mac.