Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz Advise

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Encanto, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Encanto macrumors regular

Hello everyone. I would like to receive your opinions on my recent purchase. I bought a 2.5 Unibody MacbookPro 2.5Ghz 320GB HD etc... For $2090 with $167.99 casback from Microsoft Live. Now, I m having second thoughts because the Macbook pro is not brand new. The seller said that the battery has only 16 cycles of charging and the warratnty ends January 26 2010. Based on the price, what do you guys think? Is $1923 a good deal based on the information giving? Thanks guys!

2. elcalifornia macrumors newbie

Keep it!

I have been using the MB Pro since last november and I have to say it's the best laptop I have ever had. Previously, I had the MB White (great, but stolen from my house :( ), the MB Pro older model (continous problems with the Airport :mad:) and the MB Air (light, but damn expensive, too slow and again problems with the Airport :mad: ).
    Finally, I bought the MB Pro. Finally the Airport works well :)D). The laptop is incredibly light and fast. I have used it for photo editing and gaming and it is great. Also the battery lasts about 5hr, so I do not have to use 2 batteries as I had to do with the old MB Pro. Also, you battery with 16 cycles is basically brand new. I have used it every day and I haven't noticed any deterioration in performance so far.
    The only thing I did not like is the crappy 320MB hard drive that comes with the machine. I have replaced it with an SSD from OCZ Technologies and now the laptop is really perfect. The processor is superfast, so a faster hard drive provides for even better performance.
    Keep your machine and enjoy the low price you paid!

Alex

3. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Amazing deal, with cashback you just got yourself a brand new machine (the 2nd best in the world) for nearly $600 less than new price.

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

How could this NOT be a good deal? :confused:

If you're that concerned about the battery, then buy a new battery now. You saved enough money to buy yourself 3-4 new batteries. ;)

5. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

The Macbooks only got 16 cycles only the battery, (16 full charges) which means it cant be more than 20 days old. Makes you wonder where the seller got it from really....

6. Encanto thread starter macrumors regular

Hello everyone. Thank you soo much for your feedbacks. Yes you are all right. I think I got an Amazing deal for $1923. The seller will include all necessary paperwork and receipts. So thats a good thing it gives me a peace of mind. Again, once I received the Macbook Pro I will post an update. Thank you all.

7. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

:rolleyes:

8. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

What? it is the 2nd best notebook. 1st being the 17" MBP. I thought that was obvious. :p

9. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

Certainly it is the second best Apple notebook, but not the second best notebook available.

10. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

That statements illogical.

11. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

And you're acting very childish.

We're suppose to help people here, not bicker about who's computer is better.

12. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

I didn't start the bickering, he's the one that put some stupid ":rolleyes:" after one of my posts, and im the only one that gave the OP a proper calculated response with facts and figures.and your post is useless and not helping at all too...:confused:

Considering that the computers probably stolen in the first place because noone in their right mind sells a one week old Macbook Pro for $600 less than they bought it, the original seller would have got more for it returning it to Apple and paying the restocking fee...This thread is a joke anyway.

13. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You were insinuating that the best notebooks must be Apple notebooks.

That's just silly.

14. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

It was so silly it was almost sarcastic.

Oh wait...it was....

I was being sarcastic, its a type of humor where im from. Apple notebooks obviously arn't the best, but they are pretty good.