macbook pro 2.6 with 250G return

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bananastylez, Dec 5, 2007.

1. bananastylez macrumors newbie

hi
    I just bought a macbook pro 2.6 ghz with 250G hd
    I had received it nov 27
    do you think I can get my refund?
    since apple said no refund on configured spec
    but I am thinking if my laptop considered as configured spec

thanks

2. Creibold macrumors regular

Creibold

I don't know. I believe you can take it back to the apple store, but you may need to pay a restocking fee!

I personally sent mine back due to the Yellowing screen problem, otherwise that configuration is a real gem! It's to bad you have to give it back :(

3. bananastylez thread starter macrumors newbie

the reason why I am sending it back because all the news about the new chip penyan just starting to pop out.
    sigh..

4. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Sorry, but if you want my opinion I think that's not a very smart idea. The 2.6 Ghz MBP is one of the most powerful portables in the market right now and you want to return it and pay a restocking fee of several hundred dollars just because there are rumors that a new machine may come out sometime in the future? (and by the way it's "Penryn") Unless the machine is defective or an emergency came up and you need cash right away I think the smart thing would be to keep it. It's an awesome machine and it will continue to serve you well long after any rumored new machines finally come out.

5. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

My thoughts exactly. Everyone seems to think that the Penryn MBP's are coming January, and maybe they are but I don't think so. I think it may not be until March or April, but I could be wrong.

6. marclapierre13 macrumors 6502a

marclapierre13

that is a bad idea. The penRYN isnt going to be THAT much faster. you should keep and be happy with yours.
    Not only that, but you should never get the first model. You should wait until the 2nd revision, and that could take about 3-6 months after apple starts putting the chips into their laptops.

OHHHH and PLUS, there is no guarantee that penryn will be in their new updated laptops this january.

7. Adokimus macrumors 6502a

Adokimus

Bad, bad idea.

This is just a bad idea. Besides, mobile PENRYN won't be released until early January, the 6th to be exact, so (as we've seen with the Mac Pro and other desktops that have been announced with the desktop Penryn release) you probably won't see them actually shipping in machines for another month or so beyond the chip's release date. And this will be a slight speed bump with slightly improved battery life. We won't see any big steps until mid-summer with the Montevina chipset. That's a lot of waiting. There is always something better on the horizon, buy if you need it or really want it, wait if you don't. You already bought it. Stop being silly.

-Ado

8. bananastylez thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the reply and advice guys
    alright I decided to keep my laptop
    the reason why I want that new cpu because it said to be cooler
    my laptop runs hot

thanks for you reply

9. NewbieNerd macrumors 6502a

NewbieNerd

Plus, if some sexy new MBP comes out at MWSF or whenever and you really really want it, just sell your current on on eBay or CraigsList. Yeah, you might lose a little bit of money (maybe not on eBay heh), but if you've got the money to burn and you want the new one, go nuts. You get to enjoy one until then, which could be 2+ months even if announced at MacWorld to actually ship.

10. Creibold macrumors regular

Creibold

The only BIG difference I see on these new chips is the amount of L2 cache: It's been bumped to 6MB, up from 4MB. That will be the deal breaker. Ghz wise, they only go to 2.8. Keep it - if you are doing applications that will involve using your CPU and RAM to their Max then you are most likely going to be buying a new laptop every couple years or so, or should just buy a Mac pro.

11. Freyqq macrumors 68040

download smc fan control

it will make it run cooler

12. 3mph macrumors newbie

Dude, could you do me a favour an check if your new MBP has the yellowish LED fault at the bottom?

Like the people over here?

13. bananastylez thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for all of your replies guys
    I finally really decided to keep my laptop

there are some question I need to answer and some question I want to ask

if there is any yellowish on my screen. NONE!! :):):):):):)
    (I actually told all my friends and bro to pray with me while I open the box, hoping the laptop does not have any yellowing hehehe)

about the program that cool laptop
    does that program keep the fan running and makes the laptop noisy?

thanks everybody for your advice