Macbook Pro 2.6GHz 17" (Hi-Res) Screen Hinge

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by blackgmc, Dec 28, 2007.

1. blackgmc macrumors member

Hi I just got my MBP 17" 2.6GHz (Hi-Res). I have noticed that when I place my MBP on my knees in bed. The screen closes when its at an angle. I know this was a problem with past 17" Screens. Is this still a Problem ?

If I was to take it to an apple store can they tighten it ?

Is it normal because the weight of the screen ?

2. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

Have it checked out, IMHO.

This doesn't seem normal. If I were you, I'd take it to the nearest Apple retail store and have them look at the issue...

3. blackgmc thread starter macrumors member

4. shoppy macrumors 6502a

I have the same machine, and have the same fault. Can apple do anything my machine is 11 days old purchased from an apple retailer.

5. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

Take it back as soon as possible (you're still under the 14-day cooling off period). They should give you a replacement, however as yours is a custom built - maybe they'll only offer to fix it for you.

6. shoppy macrumors 6502a

Does that apply, I purchased mine from Computer warehouse, Brentford here in the UK.

7. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

Sure. It's a standard rule for UK high street shops to offer you a 14-day cooling off period. Provided you return the product in the original condition, the retailer should offer you a refund or exchange.

You may find the following website useful: http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/after_you_buy/know-your-rights/computers/

8. blackgmc thread starter macrumors member

Well I went to an Apple Store. All 4 17" Macbook Pros had the same problem. Some of them were even looser then mine.

9. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

Strange, but I can't tell because I own the 15.4" model. Maybe you should just return it as something better might come along in the (very) near future. However if you're happy with it, then keep it! The machine is already one of the sleekest 17" notebooks out there.

10. blackgmc thread starter macrumors member

I also have a 15" 2.2GHz MBP and the screen on that one is prefect. I just hate to send it in for repair and they might damage it or it will come back the same way. I cant return it because it was CTO.

I guess I wont let it bother me. lol