Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tomoisyourgod

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 3, 2007
Liverpool, UK
Just checked on the Apple store, I was originally going for the 2.4GHz 15" model, but now for an extra £160 (approx $300US) I can get a 2.6 GHz...

is it worth it?

I do require as good as I can get, as I want it to last me a few years, and I'll be running the Adobe creative suite on there as I do graphic/web design

eXan

macrumors 601
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
If i'm not mistaken, no tests have beem released of new processors, but i'm sure the difference between 2.6 and 2.4 is minimal.

Get the upgrade only if you NEED as much CPU power as you can get, abd plan to keep the machine for a longer time.

Q Service

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2007
Just checked on the Apple store, I was originally going for the 2.4GHz 15" model, but now for an extra £160 (approx $300US) I can get a 2.6 GHz...

is it worth it?

I do require as good as I can get, as I want it to last me a few years, and I'll be running the Adobe creative suite on there as I do graphic/web design

I ordered a custom configured MBP 2.4 on 10/28. Called them today 11/5 and complained. They sent me a pre-paid return shipping lable and said no problem send it back and order a new one.

Sux though, because I just got the damn thing this morning, and now I have to wait almost a month for the 2.6 to ship. Crap!

Glenn Wolsey

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2005
New Zealand
Keeping it a long time? Get the 2.6. I plan to purchase mine and keep updating as Apple bring new ones out, so I'll stick with the 2.4Ghz for now.

jackere

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2007

is it worth it?

if you could get the 2.6g CUP, I could do it as it is not able to upgrade at a later time.

btw, the hard drive cannot be able to upgrade at a later time neither, but the memory can.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.