Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macmanlikpacman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
Greetings, yes my macbook is old. It is the 2007 intel core processor joint. Long story short I use it primarily for producing music and the software is 10.4.9 osx, with that said a few months ago it began acting strangely and selecting everything on the desktop and clicking out of it was extremely difficult. I initially thought it may be a software glitch and then a trackpad issue, and perhaps the bulging battery i have read so much about. After multiple reinstalls of software, removing battery etc. It still selects everything and is a bich to get it to stop for just one millisecond. After attaching a usb mouse it did the same thing, so it does not seem to be the trackpad. I am asking if anyone has ever encountered this in life and has a true solution? I know the mac is old but i am running an older machine with firewire through it and besides this extremely grave hiccup that renders my mac next to useless she's been good to me and id like to keep using all my pieces rather than have to completely overhaul... hopefully somebody has an idea to help. Thank you for your time.
Macman like Pacman

macmanlikpacman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
Negative sir. I have in preferences selected ignore trackpad when mouse is present also checked ignore accidental trackpad input. Was just using the mouse and the enter button would not work inside system preferences, it selected on desktop and apple bar where the middle enter button on the Mouse worked. I then detached external mouse and put it on another working macbook and it worked perfectly with all buttons responding in correct fashion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.