I have a 2008 MBP (obviously). Yesterday when it was on with at least 80% charge, I picked it up off my desk to bring to my bed. The laptop shut down immediately after I picked it up. I was unable to turn it on after this. I plugged it in and tried again, and it turned on. It works 100% fine when plugged in, except if I unplug it, it shuts off. The battery was purchased last spring and is still perfectly good. It only has 146 cycles on it. Any idea what is happening? I unfortunately am out of extended warranty, but I am going to the Apple store tomorrow to see if they can at least properly diagnose the problem. I've tried resetting the SMC and the other tricks but there is definitely some faulty hardware here. Thoughts?