Macbook Pro 2009 getting super hot

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by soamz, Apr 7, 2013.

1. soamz macrumors 6502a

Hi, I have a 2009 Macbook Pro.
    Running perfectly fine . I just took out its HDD and placed a Crucial m4 SSD and its fast , crazy fast!

The only problem, I see now , the macbook pro is getting super hot.
    Very hot, from front and back both.

I can feel the hotness near the keyboard and mouse too.

The back is as hot as burning your legs .

What could it be and how to fix it ?

2. octavianguti macrumors newbie

Buy a laptop fan cooler, max your ram or sell it!!! :D

3. justperry macrumors G3

justperry

What is hot?

Download iStatMenus or iStatPro to see what temps you got and post a screenshot here.
    Also, look in Activity Monitor if there are any runaway processes, do check ALL Users in the Drop down Menu on Top and then click on CPU to see the processes which use the most resources, if hight post a screenshot too.

----------

????

4. soamz thread starter macrumors 6502a

5. simsaladimbamba

6. justperry macrumors G3

justperry

The CPU Temp. is still way below Max. 105 C and is fairly normal, but I see your CPU is more or less running at Max. load.
    Post the Activity Monitor screenshot, with all processes and CPU on Tab chosen.

7. TresMusical1020 macrumors newbie

Lol i would be lying if i said that didn't eventually happen to every mbp. (Macbookpro)
    When it happened to me, i was wondering why it did that, too. Then, i found out it was probably because i was on it for way long and it was just taking it all in. No worries, dude. Just make sure next time it does that, get off wait a little while and then get back on. :)

8. simsaladimbamba

Why? If the CPU temperature reaches 70 or 80 ° C, it is perfectly safe to keep on using it. My CPU temp is hovering between 70 to 90 ° C and that thing is still running fine.

9. TresMusical1020 macrumors newbie

Yah, you can keep using it, and you'll be fine. But if you want it to cool down, you have to shut it down and wait a little while, then turn it back on. :):D;):apple:

10. duervo macrumors 68020

duervo

Put the original drive back in and see if temps are lower. If they go back to "normal", then you know it's something about (or on the OS X install) the new SSD causing it.