MacBook Pro 2009 paint rubbing off in corners

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tristanB, Oct 5, 2010.

1. tristanB macrumors newbie

My MacBook Pro has developed somewhat of an annoyance and I have no idea how. The paint (I assume it's paint) on the top shell has started to come off in the corners.

I honestly have no idea how this has happened, I baby this laptop like it was my child.

After a search on here and on google I can't seem to find anyone else having the problem (maybe I can't describe the issue well enough but can't think of how else to describe it) though I do recall seeing a few MacBook Pro's with similar markings at the Genius Bar in one of the stores I've been in. Has anyone else had this issue. I've attached an image below.

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/4884/img0005me.jpg

Thanks

2. Transporteur macrumors 68030

I don't know what might have causes this but the Apple products are not painted, the are anodized.
    Hard to image that the anodized layer comes off, looks more like scratches to me... :confused:

3. tristanB thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the quick reply there.

I find it a bit hard to believe it's scratches because of the way I treat it AND the way its occurring in both the bottom corners of the screen. They're all kind of on the curve of the metal and they're all gradually appearing. Whenever I move the laptop it goes in a neoprene jacket so don't think it's getting scratched in there.

I'm aware AppleCare doesn't cover scratches but I'm quite certain I didn't cause these so thought I'd get an opinion before ringing up the Apple Store and going in. Sorry for sounding a bit petulant.