Macbook pro 2010 15" i5 or iMac 21" base model2011?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iAppleteer, May 5, 2011.

1. iAppleteer, May 5, 2011
    Last edited: May 5, 2011

iAppleteer macrumors newbie

which would be a better buy for me? i will mainly using it for web browsing, video editing with iMovie, and occasional starcraft 2 in bootcamp. what would be a better choice? i would like to have the portability of the mbp, but imac does have more power to it. but will the mbp be futureproof? i will use it for 2-3 years.

one more thing, will sc2 lag on medium settings during HUGE battles in 4v4 in sc2? or would the mbp 13" 2011 model be enough already? will it be future proof? i will use it for 2-3 yrs

i would go for the 2010 mbp instead of the 2011 models cause the new ones are too expensive.

thx for the help guys!

2. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

I say the MBP but I am biased. I always lean to laptops due to the mobility factor, and even if mobility is not a requirement you have now, that can change at any time and while you can use a laptop in a permanent location, you cannot use a desktop on the go. If you can afford it, get the 2011 as it is ridiculously faster. If that is too pricey, the 2011 13 inch is a great system as well, but the smaller screen is sometimes not ideal for people using it as their only system. I used a 13 for my only system for years and loved it, but it's personal choice.

So get a MacBook Pro :p