MacBook pro 2010 . Any issues?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hackster, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Hackster macrumors member

Hackster

Hi.
    Im about to buy a 2nd hand Macbook pro from april 2010. The battery is fine, still able to achieve original spec battery life. It has no scratches or dents. Is there any general manufacturer issues that this model has? anything i should be aware of? Im aiming for 3years use from now. Will it be fine? I mean, i know that nobody knows what will happen tomorrow. But can i trust this computer? A thinkpad doesnt crash as much as an HP. Thats what i mean.

Thanks in advance.

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

You should be fine. I have a 2008 MacBook that still runs everything I need it to just fine. There aren't any major issues with that computer, and it should last you a good while if you take care of it like you should with any expensive item.

3. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

the 2010 mbp is a good model and it preforms well. it shouldn't give you any problems at all.

4. Goohfy macrumors regular

Goohfy

Haha, I got one yesterday for $840, and it's on it's way as well. It's definitely an enjoyable laptop, and if you take care of it, the model will last you many years to come.

5. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

HAHA I got you beat! :cool: I have a 2007 MacBook that needs a new PRAM (CMOS?) battery (forgets wifi networks and the time), but other than that, it functions just fine! It is my secondary computer, for when my MBP is in the shop or when I'm on a trip.

6. karohan macrumors 6502

My 2010 MBP's hard drive just died on me after less than a year of owning it. My friend's 2010 MBP stopped charging and needed to get it fixed. Besides that though, my MBP ran pretty well until it suddenly failed on me. Make sure you back up on time machine; I was lucky I did a few days ago.