Macbook pro 2010 freezes after sleep

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by reficuz, Sep 18, 2011.

1. reficuz macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I'm really frustated with my macbook pro. Like the tittle says, my computer freezes after waking up and the only thing to do is use the On/Off button. It is a macbook pro '13 2010.
    This problem first happened around 6 months ago. Around Feb '11, i experienced the same issue. First thing i noticed was that the wifi suddenly stopped working. To try to fix it, I turned airport off and then couldn't turn it back on and had to restart my machine. Then when closing the lid and then opening it again, my computer would work for about 5 min and then freeze. Nothing worked and I had to shut it down using the power button.* Then the problem got worse because the computer started freezing randomly and getting a kernel panic. I know it wasn't an application problem because it happened using different apps. I took my computer to an authorized apple service provider and they told me the harddrive had some bad sectors i think, and they replaced the harddrive because I was still under earranty at the time.
    Now, Sept '11, the problem came back. First the airport problem happened and now my computer freezes when waking up, the exact same thing that happened 6 months ago. I went to disk utility and repaired disk permisions and still no solution. I still haven't gotten a kernel panic. My warranty expired last month so calling apple won't be of any help. I installed lion the day it came out and was working without any problems until now, so I don't think lion is the problem.
    Has anybody had this same problem with their computer? I don't know what to do or how to tell if my harddrive is causing the problem again.
    Thanks

2. COOPIX macrumors newbie

Macbook Pro Freezes after sleep (and before too!)

I have a new (4 weeks) MacBook Pro, using a bluetooth Magic Mouse and Keyboard. The system freezes after sleep often, but also just freezes up seemingly on a random basis. :(. I have seen other postings that deal with putting some cardboard between the battery connections and the back of the case, but does anyone know if this is the cause even though I am not using the laptop's keyboard or mouse pad? Looking at all the postings this seems to be a big issue. What's Apple doing? I haven't taken it back yet.

3. halez macrumors newbie

I have the same problem. I have a Macbook Pro 15" SSD (bought in June 2010). It freezes a lot! Most of the time its when waking up after sleepmode, but it has also happened a few times when I shut down all programs I'm running... I would really like to hear from someone that has solves this problem...

4. halez macrumors newbie

that was supposed to be: bought June 2011 ...