macbook pro 2010 issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thesweeps, Aug 13, 2010.

1. thesweeps macrumors member

iv had my new 15inch i5 mac for barley 7 days and all the sudden today it freezes A LOT, it will either completely freeze up or show a screen that says your mac needs to be restarted hold the power button then press again. once it even froze, i restarted it and on the boot screen the blue one it got stuck and froze on that one.

its been like 7 days and thats ridiculous for this to be happening for the money i spent on it, can i take it back to the store and get a replacement? or what should i do im getting frustrated.

2. Constantine1337 macrumors 6502

Relax... its probably a software issue. Just slide your OSX DVD inside, boot from the DVD and follow the steps to reinstall the OSX. Your files will not be deleted (unless you format the HDD, which you shouldn't do).

Remember to update your software.

3. MrCooperS macrumors member

Or you can just bring it to the genius bar and have them diagnose it and see if it's hardware related or if it's a lemon. You shouldn't have to restore your computer already after a couple days of usage.

4. henry72 macrumors 65816

henry72

5. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

this pic:
    [​IMG]

That's a kernel panic, not a good sign.

Check the Application/Utilities/Console application
    Do you have many listings under PanicReporter?
    If so, post a few on them here.

6. thesweeps thread starter macrumors member

yes that is the sign i kept getting, what does it mean exactly? im not a huge computer expert..and what is a lemon?

im very very ocd about my computer, i mean i just got it and if i spend 2000 on a computer i want it to work very well at least for a while lol...just so you know i took it into the store where i bought it and they replaced it..i only had it 8 days so i didnt have much on it but at the same time i didnt really download anything on it thats why i freaked out

i mean i downloaded a few torrents for music but thats it really would that cause it to freeze all the time and have that screen pop up?

i wanna keep it from doing this again so all the help will..well help haha, thanks guys

7. animan macrumors member

I have been running my 15" i7 MBP for a couple of months with no crashes under MacOS.

You could have a hardware issue with your computer. Best to take it to the Genius Bar. They are able to examine the crash logs to determine the cause of the crash. If they find a hardware issue, they will replace it.

8. thesweeps thread starter macrumors member

really i explained it to a employee their..just a kid really no genius, and he just replaced it which really is what I wanted..do you guys do alot of downloading of torrents? i only do music torrents i cant imagine that would cause it to freeze a bunch..its a amazing computer and it worked flawlessly until the other day so who knows

9. demonguard macrumors newbie

You should be fine downloading torrents, aside from any legal implications.;)