MacBook Pro 2010 left side doesnt feel the same as the right

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BroodRooster, Jun 3, 2010.

1. BroodRooster macrumors member

Ive got my MBpro since May. The first thing is noticed is when the computer is using or charging the battery, that the left side gets hot and feels different then the right side. on the edges. Someone has this to? I have it on my 13'' aswell

2. diazj3 macrumors 6502a

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

The lower part of left hand side houses your battery which will of course get hot when is use. Your GPU and CPU are also near the middle

4. Ramphex macrumors 6502

Ramphex

IIRC the left side is where your main CPU/GPU components are so under use it'll be hotter than the right side, it's normal because myself and a friend of mine have the same symptoms on our 15 inch macfagpros

5. BroodRooster thread starter macrumors member

but it feels like the alu gets slightly curved when he runs hot

6. Ramphex macrumors 6502

Ramphex

well, other than a battery swelling I can't think of anything, if it really does change form then it's more than likely battery issue and you should have that serviced... other than that the only thing I can think of is paranoia

7. ValSalva macrumors 68040

ValSalva

I suppose that could happen slightly if the aluminum got hot enough. It's not all that thick. Still, it would take a lot of heat. What are you doing when this occurs? I hope it's not taking place when the MBP is at idle.

8. lordofuo macrumors regular

9. diablo2112 macrumors 6502

Lol. At least this is something new to complain about on the new MBPs. Seriously. You're MBP is *bending* when it gets warm? Really? By all means, post some pictures....

10. mingus77 macrumors newbie

Same thought!

I was sitting thinking the same thing. Maybe it just feels like the left side is a bit bent because the right side is not that warm, who knows.

But a thing I´m sure about is that I´m sooo disapointed with my new Macbook pro 15" i7 - IT GETS TO WARM! Damn I hate it! I actually bought it because my old macbook (the black thing) made to much noise. And what I get is a 75 degrees celsius CPU when using 15% of the CPU! And the keyboard gets so warm that I can´t think of anything else but how warm it is.

Too expencive machine to be like this. Everyone with the same problem should call Apple and make them find a solution. I´d rather have my old one back and go on a big vacation for the money...

11. Gata macrumors regular

There's a thing called heat warping.
    The concept itself is pretty much straightforward:
    When you heat metal, it expands. Cool it down, and it shrinks.
    If the temperature gets high enough (especially w/ metals that have good thermal conductivity), it could warp it.

I've seen this happen while using my friend's HP's Gen1 Envy 15 (prone to heat issues), in which his actually slightly warped after a several-hour intense gaming session.

However, this isn't a problem with the MBP's (i've actually tried to get it to heat warp).

If it's not what Ramphex said about the swelling battery, it's probably just your head and the heat.:)