Macbook Pro 2010 Model Information ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by augustya, May 20, 2015.

1. augustya macrumors 68000

augustya

Hi Guys,

I need some information can any of you tell me if this particular model MC374HN/A of the Mackbook Pro which is a 13 Inch year 2010 Model, does this support the Finger Multitouch gestures on the Trackpad. (For e.g. Two Finger scroll up and down etc) And I know this does not have a Retina Display, but despite that is the display really bad ? How good is the display in this.

Thanks !

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Yep, it has multitouch all of the unibody models do.

I liked the screen on that vintage, my brother still has my old one running daily as his main computer with an SSD in it it still flies.

The screens don't have the best pixel density but they are IPS and have great colour and brightness and viewing angle. They do have a glare problem though they are very glossy. .

3. JTToft macrumors 68040

- I think you probably meant LED. They aren't IPS.

4. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

I stand corrected tehy certainly are. Mine was all good though to be fair...

5. snaky69 macrumors 603

All Macbook Pros from early 2008 onwards have a multi-touch trackpad with gestures.

All MacBook Pros have two finger scrolling, even the later powerbooks(before the switch to intel) have that.

The display is very good for a TN panel. It is LED backlit. Retina does not mean quality, it just means higher pixel density.

6. augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya

Will This Model be really Slow ?

Will a 2010 MacBook Pro Model having a Core 2 Duo chip with 4GB RAM and a snow leopard OS hang or work slow ? What is the probability of it working slow or hanging ?

7. ApolloBoy macrumors 6502a

ApolloBoy

It should work just fine, my sister has one with Mavericks and even that runs perfectly fine with the standard 4 GB of RAM. If you want to use Yosemite on the other hand...

8. augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya

It won't hang and stutter like a windows machine does right ?

9. ApolloBoy macrumors 6502a

ApolloBoy

No.

10. brdeveloper macrumors 68020

brdeveloper

It depends. I would install a SSD on it, then it would feel like a new Mac.

11. augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya

But having a SSD helps only in quick booting the machine not sure how would it help in running it smoothly. My problem is after the computer is booted. I am ok with the time it takes to boot. My only concern is after it starts it should not hang or freeze as my Windows computer does :(

12. brdeveloper macrumors 68020

brdeveloper

Not really. In truth, I/O happens all the time. When opening a webpage Safari does a lot of disk I/O operations: caching/loading from cache, loading plugins. It's perceptible even with 16GB of RAM (I had my Mini with 16GB installed before I installed a SSD). I could hear the disk and the resulting stuttering (lag to load page elements) when browsing through Safari.

Swapping RAM, hibertation, compiling programs (if you are a developer or uses Macports), opening big text files, opening applications and so on.

High boot time is the least of the problems that a SSD solves.

13. snaky69 macrumors 603

Having OS X, or Windows does not equate stuttering or hanging.

Poorly coded apps, lack of RAM, software problems and hardware problems lead to stuttering and hanging, no matter the OS.