Macbook Pro 2010 Monitor Suggestions

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by tkao2025, Jan 29, 2017.

1. tkao2025 macrumors regular

I have a 2010 Macbook Pro 13inch which I'd like to turn into a desktop computer since I updated the Ram and SSD hard drive. I've decided I will most likely get the Logetich K750 keyboard paired with Magic Trackpad 2.

Now I need to decide on a monitor, which I would love some help with. I've looked at the Asus MX279H, Samsung CF591, and Samsung CF391. I'd like to keep budget for the monitor to be under USD350 and at least 27" size. One is not curved and the other 2 are curved. Can anyone give me suggestions on monitors and as well if anyone has used any of the one's I've listed, I'd love feedback. Lastly what would you recommend to get a curved screen or not? Thanks

2. ZapNZs macrumors 68000

ZapNZs

I have two of these in the 24 inch size, and chose them because the gloss matches my MBPs, the price was very reasonable compared to others I looked at, and as non-curved + fully detachable from the base/stand, I felt they would be better for a dual monitor setup for wall mounting or desk rack mounting.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M9B3XZW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    They make a 27 inch. I believe they also make an anti-glare version.

From a quality perspective, I am extremely pleased with both the build quality and the picture quality. I use a HDMI cable for one, and a $8 Mini Display Port-->HDMI cable for the other.

3. caprica21 macrumors member

Could you tell us which monitor you decided and how it is working?

I have 13" macbook pro mid-2010 and seeing conflicting review of whether its displayport will support 4K monitor. Thanks!