Macbook Pro 2010 Refresh on Clamshell mode

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ruenzuo, May 18, 2010.

1. Ruenzuo macrumors newbie

Hi all,
    First, sorry my bad English, I'm from Peru. Well I got a Macbook Pro, the last refresh with 320M. I use it a lot on college, but on my home I love to use it on my external display (20") with a Magic Mouse + Bluetooth Keyboard. Well... On MAC OSX I sense no heat from the Macbook, even when I'm playing Portal on Steam, but on Windows, just on regular office work (Excel, Word...) it melt down! I'm worry about this, got the idea it's about the new graphic card, I haven't this issue with my older Macbook Pro.
    So, you think I should do something about this? Stop using it on clamshell mode with my external display? Or maybe get one of those heat fans they sell over there?
    Thanks for the advice.

2. djasterix macrumors 6502a

djasterix

Are you running windows under bootcamp, paralells or VmWare?

3. Ruenzuo thread starter macrumors newbie

It's bootcamp.

4. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

Provided you are using the computer in a climate-controlled environment, I wouldn't worry about it. Apple designs the computers to operate within-spec whether they are used normally or in clamshell mode. Additionally, there are failsafes to prevent damage or unintended operation as a result of overheating.

5. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Mine runs hotter on windows 7 in BootCamp as well. When I run windows, I typically leave mine open, but still have my monitor as the main display. This allows it to cool much better.