Macbook pro 2011 15" screen issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sdcharly, Aug 22, 2011.

1. sdcharly macrumors newbie

Hello all,

Im a new user of Macbook with no prior experience with MacOS or Macintosh machines. A week back with lot of aspiration i bought my first Macbook and it was running fine until yesterday. Got parrallels and many other softwares installed which worked cool when compared with my VAIO.. (Used to be a VAIO fan until recently)..

Today i have noticed that the LCD display is performing differently with a shadowy blue shade on the screen which is undesirable. Tried restarting the system but failed to get it fixed. Im not sure if its a hardware or a software issue or its some mistake i did. I tried to go thru the forums to see if anyone has the same issue but i couldn't find something really similar but lot many people are complaining about screen issues.

I have attached the screenshot for reference to highlight the issue.

Can someone help me sort it out? I have n clues how to do things in Mac hence a support is really essential.. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Sunil

:apple:

Attached Files:

2. negativzero macrumors 6502

You need to change the colour profile of your Mac. There is nothing wrong with it.

3. sdcharly thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,

Thanks negativezero for the immediate reply.

I tried even that with my little experience with windows but did get it fixed. Again tried all the profiles which are there.. still the same. the hazy blue background is staying..

Sorry if im sounding a bit WINDOWSish but could this be due to any virus issue..?

Can someone have a look at it if i enable Teamviewer?

4. sdcharly thread starter macrumors newbie

Got it fixed.. Thanks

Hello all,

I got it fixed. Tried to calibrate the color and changed the color to 9300 instead of D20 which sorted it out and created a new profile.:) I look dump basically with that but really not sure how it was working fine until now and suddenly this issue cropped up.

Thanks everyone for the support.. Really appreciate ..

Cheers...!!!

Sunil....

5. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Never had this problem before ;)
    But this might be a related question: what background colour should i set for photoshop cs5 extended so that i can edit exposures correctly?
    Thanks.