Macbook Pro 2011 A1278 Keyboard Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Matt724, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Matt724 macrumors newbie

Hi guys, this morning I knocked a small pot of chilli sauce onto my macbook pro keyboard, i wiped it all away quickly, it only covered a few of the keys. All of the keys it covered are working fine apart from 1 (the 'N' Key), I didn't notice for about 10 minutes until my computer began spamming N's when i was typing, it then stopped and the key will no longer work, although all the other keys are working fine. I have taken off the key and cleaned it, with no success. One more thing is that the 'H' Key has also stopped working (although no sauce went on it) but when i tap the space bar it occaisionally types 'h''s as well as when i tap the f6 key. Any suggestions on how to solve this without spending a lot of money?

Thanks

2. nickandre21 macrumors 6502a

most probably it cant bare the spice:D

Open the macbook up, check and clean the internals if any sauce made its way through. If you are comfortable with opening up the actual keyboard do that and clean out any sauce. There are instructions on how to do this available. If nothing else works you may need a new topcase/logic board