Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ashenfang

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
So I have a cMacbook Pro that came with Snow Leopard that was used up until about a month ago. On Snow Leopard I would get around 8-9 hours on a fully charged battery just doing web browsing/document editing ect. I then upgraded to Mountain Lion through the AppStore. Pretty much right away I noticed the battery draining faster (about 30%). Doing the same stuff on Mountain Lion that I was doing on SL, the computer could only chug out 3-4 hours of usage.

I have since done a clean install of Mountain Lion with the same results. I have now reinstalled SL.

After reading through the forums it seems that many are having issues with battery life on Mountain Lion even though apple claims the issue was fixed with the last update. I like some of the features of ML but its not worth loosing 50% battery life doing the same every day stuff. I am curious though if there is anything I am missing? or if it sounds like I have covered all the possible fixes?

yusukeaoki

macrumors 68030
Mar 22, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Im pretty sure battery problem was never fixed.
In fact, better compared to 10.7 Lion.

10.6 SL was probably the best OS Apple had made.
Very stable yet fast.
After 10.7, they started to add unneeded programs which starts to drain battery.

I would stick with SL if battery is your problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.