Macbook pro 2011 battery dead

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by amirb, Jun 16, 2017.

1. amirb macrumors newbie

amirb

Hey,
    I am looking for a new battery for my MBP 2011 13 inch.
    I saw a lot of batteries on Ebay but i dont know if they worth something?

Can some one point me for a good brand that will not be so expensive?

Thanks.

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

What do you mean by "expensive"?
    Pretty good price here.
    And, a little less, and even includes a free 2GB flash drive! (yeah!)

Or, there's this one
    Lots of danger signs on that, however. Be sure to read through the customer comments. It's a little messy, and a lot "iffy".
    I would not choose that one, nor recommend it, unless you buy several, with the idea of keeping the best one (if there is a "best one")
    "Off-shore" manufacture (read, chinese) can sometimes be a really-poor choice - and you often don't have any idea what you really get, until you realize you made a mistake, and now someone else has your money.

Allow me to say this in another way: Cheap batteries are almost never a bargain.

3. amirb thread starter macrumors newbie

amirb

Thanks for the response.
    I am not looking for the cheapest one.
    It will be great if someone can recommend me from his experience because i want to buy it just once.
    I am from Israel so i also need i site that can do shipping to here.

My local Apple store is charging for almost 200$.
    100$ is a good price.

Thanks.

4. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Looks like the biggest issue that you have is finding a site that will ship a battery to you.
    The various sites that are my normal good order sites show that they won't ship batteries to international addresses.
    What about a site like http://www.zap.co.il
    You can try searching for the actual Apple part number for the correct battery, which is 661-5557, or as an international part --- ZM661-5557
    Not sure if that will help you find the part more easily, but that's the correct Apple part number for your replacement battery.

5. logicstudiouser macrumors 6502

logicstudiouser

You won't have a problem finding a seller shipping internationally on ebay. Just make sure the seller has a solid record.
    If you are looking for an authentic Apple battery, it WILL cost more than a third party battery. PowerBook Medic is a reliable source for finding official part numbers for Apple parts. They don't ship batteries internationally, but you can use that link as a reference for finding an authentic Apple Battery on another website like ebay. Might also be worth inputting the part number in Google and search only pages within your country, see if one is available from a vendor in your country.
    Of course, you can always find much cheaper third party options, but I definitely wouldn't put a third party battery in my mac.

6. amirb thread starter macrumors newbie

amirb

7. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

You should contact that site to see if they will ship to you.
    "International shipping" may not necessarily mean "anywhere in the world".
    There's no info about that on that site, but batteries are often the first item to be limited for that international shipping.
    Other information looks OK, but I have no experience with that company.
    Contact them directly, either through their help page, or you could even call them. (probably only US business hours, Monday through Firday.

8. Ries macrumors 68000

9. Fishrrman macrumors G3

I'd also suggest the ifixit.com battery mentioned above.

Don't buy a cheap ebay battery. Too many have poor performance and short lives.

10. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

I fully agree with Fishrrman. Cheap batteries are almost never a bargain.

However --- OP is in Israel.
    iFixit does not ship batteries internationally, as well as some other sites that I typically would prefer.
    http://help.ifixit.com/article/195-battery-shipping-warnings
    (scroll down to International Shipping)